Saturday 4 January 2014

I bought the Richard Rohmer Omnibus for the Kindle. He’s mostly out of print, and I’m never going to find a used Rohmer in Southern California. (Our Chinese food is second rate too. No one knows why.) I envy you guys looking for copies in Canada. I think it’ll be one of those things where you suddenly see them everywhere. Like frame stores. You don’t notice them until you need one, and from then on you see them everywhere. Strip mall karate studios? Same thing. I was at Goodwill, dropping things off before New Years – for some totally mythical tax reason – and I was looking through their paperbacks, of course, and noticed, scattered in, every book Ben Bova ever wrote. Who collects Ben Bova, and then one day goes, "What is this crap?" and tosses it? Made me kind of sad. The collector must have died, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment