Wednesday 15 January 2014

Wait, isn't the Premier of Nova Scotia a man? I thought the idea was that he's somewhere in Europe, but no one knows just where, so the hot Deputy Premier has to fill in. I could be wrong because, you know, I would've read this all of six days ago.

Anyway, as long as he's not in East Berlin with Gerda Munsinger.

What makes a guy write a novel when he seems to be actively hostile to the concept of "characters" or conflict? I'm guessing that Rohmer saw these as another way of spreading his ideas about energy and the North. That and money. Success on both fronts, I think.

On that note, I put Exxoneration down a couple of days ago to focus on things that pay. Easy to do – I wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat. The last page read – 34 – begins with Colonel Pierre Thomas de Gaspé:
"I know Colonel Armstrong has briefed you, but I'd like to go over the plan with you myself…"
Half-way down the page:
"As Colonel Armstrong has told you…"
Bottom of the page:
He then turned to Peter Armstrong. "Okay, Peter, let's get into that final briefing…"

No comments:

Post a Comment