Saturday 11 January 2014

I wonder if there's some way we should do this more like a bookclub, and by that I mean become women in a sit com and get drink on wine.  (... character is left out "because you always take over everything, just like in high school" promises not to "this time," does anyway, book club starts meeting in secret without character, character discovers location, comically confronts... later apologizes for high school event, touchingly makes good with some kind of prop or gesture.)

(The two-two, here, is the odd place where the book club is secretly meeting, where our lead throws a fit.  The children's area of a library? A backyard tent? Ikea?)
 
Should we wait to discuss the book until we've all read it?  I think Stan's first chapters are great... should we do it like that?

I read an internet (headline) about how reading novels your brain work better.  I'll bet that doesn't happen in this case.

I've also been thinking about how I'm going to get my next Rohmers.  I'll never find a copy at a used bookstore here in California.  I'm amazed that you guys aren't tripping over them in Quebec and Ontario.  Brian, you'd know:  How many copies did he sell?

Why did I get the impression, when we used to haunt used bookstores in college, that there were only two kinds of used books, Rohmers and Everything Else?

Three: Harlequin Romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment